I've really neglected my hair. For two weeks I kept it in two up-do's, different variations of a goddess twist. But I really should get back to taking care of whatever hair I have left so recently I...
- Woke up and started detangling with my oil mix. I had no idea it would take me two hours, but I did go two weeks without really touching my hair.
- In the shower I clarified using ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo.
- Hopped out and toweled dried my hair for ten minutes or so and applied my Kanechom Ceramidas deep Conditioner.
- Deep conditioned with heat for a half hour and hopped back in the shower to rinse off.
- T-shirt dried for a little and decided to go to Panera Bread with a wet bun.
- When I got home, I began to detangle with my leave-in mix (hello hydration, aloe vera juice and water) and Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum.
- This took forever. FOREVER. I did my first ponytail roller set I believe. Moisturized, detangled, ponytail and rollers. I even had help detangling because my arms were shot.
- I decided to let my hair air dry. Some of the rubber bands snapped, so I just re-rolled the hair. The take down wasn't as glorious as my old roller sets. I cross-wrapped before bed.
- It was heat-less for that day however the next day I took to straightening my 20 weeks post roots. One pass, no more than two with my StyleHouse Ceramic Flat Iron and CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray.
So five months post, I've never done that before. I haven't found it too hard. It's actually easy to not put a relaxer in. I'm itching to cut but I'm waiting for the right time. I want to rock a TWA and I'm afraid at 6 months post maybe I'll be in the awkward stage. Not sure.
I see DYI twists in my future for the rest of the year. If only I could find the time. This weekend I really wanted to straighten my hair. Kind of curious. Next weekend...I have no idea.
|Left: That ponytail was super thick at the base. Top Right: :( I can't recall a |
time my flat ironed hair looked so terrible. Bottom Right: The nape is a jungle.
|Loved this bun (nape was struggling though) I feel like I have my natural|