Tuesday, November 19, 2013

2013 Liebster Blog Award!


        The first time I heard or noticed the Liebster Blog Award was when Uchenna Ezeonyeka (natural and healthy) and KLP (Saving Our Strands) nominated me (Thanks ladies!). I researched and researched (Google search). I learned The Liebster Award is a blogger to blogger award chain letter that allows readers to get to know just a tad bit more about other bloggers that they follow. There are many different rules I came across. I'm going to stick with these:
Requirements:
  1. Thank and link back to the blogger(s) who presented the award to you
  2. Paste the award on your blog
  3. Each person must post 11 random things about themselves (optional).
  4. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger set for you.
  5. Choose 5 bloggers who you would like to give the Liebster Award (they have less than 200 followers)
  6. Let the recipients know about their nomination by leaving a comment on their blogs.
  7. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you have tagged with the award to answer.


KLP's questions: 
1. Why did you start blogging?
       I had a lot of free time and it is so much easier to track my hair's progress.
2. Who was your first hair crush?
       Shorty2Sweet59. Years ago I watched her video and learned about texlaxing. Her hair left me in awe!
3. What are your favorite ways of using products that suck?
      I like to give them away to my sister and hope they can work for her.
4. What was it like when you received your first follower?
      It made me smile. It is such a great feeling, from the first follower to the next, they always make me smile.
5. What has your hair taught you about life?
       Some people can treat you differently depending on how your hair looks. I know when my hair hair looks one way, people take notice. 
6. Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
       OMG ummmmm hmmmmm not sure. Hopefully I will have really mastered my hair and I'll be able to help others.
7. What's the best thing about blogging?
       All the lovely bloggers. Everyone is so friendly and it's another way to socailize. 
8. What does your blog name mean to you?
       It's not all about my hair, honest. This names means exactly what it says, I get so fixated on my hair but my life consists of more than my hair.
9. How do you deal with negative feedback on or about your blog?
      0_0 I haven't had any yet...but I would try and take the high road.
10. How personal do you get on your blog?
       I try to keep it professional but I love sharing. I think about future businesses and companies that I want to work for who may stumble onto my blog. I don't want to be inappropiate. My baby sisters read my blog too!
11. How many pushups can you do?
      Twenty and more with a rest.

Uchenna Ezeonyeka's questions:
  1. What single quality do you most appreciate in people?
    Sense of humor. I love to laugh and I love making others laugh.
  2. Why did you start blogging?
    I had a lot of free time and it is so much easier to track my hair's progress.
  3. What you know now, what advice would you give your 13-year-old self?
    I would've told myself “Don't half-ass school!” I guess I'm hardest on myself. Currently trying to maintain a 3.5 GPA on my Master's.
  4. One interesting fact about yourself
    I'm a huge Bob Marley and Knicks fan!
  5. How many times do you post per week?
    One :( I want to post twice but it doesn't happen.
  6. How do you balance life, blog, social media ?
    I prioritize in my head or at least I try to, school first.
  7. What are three things you cannot live without?
    Music, fruits and movies
  8. What is your most prized possession?
    Oh man these questions are hard. I don't think I have one. I love being alive more than anything.
  9. Describe yourself in three words.
    Easily excited
    Inquisitive
    compassionate
    4 words sorry
  10. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
    At the moment, Army Wives on Netflix...don't judge me lol
         I don't follow many people (shame on me, I still feel so new to the hair community) and the people I do follow have already been awarded. Everyone who has read this post please share your answers to my 11 questions in the comment section. I'm very interested in reading your answers and link your blog while you're at it. 

Nominations
Frankie at hairmemoirs
Janae Francis at Caring for my Hair

11 questions for everyone
  1. Why did you start blogging?
  2. When did you start blogging?
  3. Guilty pleasure?
  4. Favorite cookie?
  5. Chocolate or Vanilla?
  6. How do you balance life, blogging and social media?
  7. Who is your hair crush?
  8.  Last movie you watched?
  9. Do you work-out?
  10. Favorite hairstyle?
  11. Any siblings?



4 comments:

  1. So you gonna leave us hanging?! No 11 ramdom things about yourself?! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol awwwww I had a brain fart and I really wanted to put this post out

      Delete
  2. OMG! I've been watching Army Wives for years! I can't believe that its ending.

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete