Friday, September 6, 2013

I Can't Wear a Helmet, I Just Did my Hair!

Yesterday, I woke after sleeping in and decided to try Bantu knots. This is my first time doing my full head and I immediately thought of KLP, a pro Bantu knotest. 

Looks like I'm going to need some hair products because these barely Bantu'd. I applied my Shea mix to each section and left the knots in for a few hours. It took a little over an hour to install the knots.                                                                                                   Go Karts and bowling were the plans for the day, sweet! But then I was informed that we'd be riding the bike today...but I just spent an hour doing my hair, I can't wear a helmet! I digress. 
                   How to wear a helmet with for long or short hair:
  1.  Medium scarf
  2. Low bun (pony tail will result in tangled ends)
  3. French braids! 
  4. Or be like me and say screw wind damage and let your hair blow in the wind (but still wear a scarf)
Of course, these tips aren't written in stone. I've never experienced helmet hair with the tips above, my hair just sort of bounces back to life once I let it out. At the end of the day my hair smelled like exhaust and barely had any waves going on. Overall, I had fun bowling and trying not to get killed on the go kart track. 

I need more defined Bantu knot results.
Peace&Love 
Aku

2 comments:

  1. Aww geez...Thanks for the shout-out chica!

    Try this:
    - Set on recently washed hair; I usually air dry the day before.
    - I think that you're missing a "holding" component in your cocktail. This line up works for me: Moisturizer + Oil/Butter + Holding creme. This always gives me defined curls. Apply a little more holding product to your ends.
    - Setting time totally matters: Consider setting overnight or at least for 5-6 hours. Short on time? Get under your hooded dryer for a few minutes. Let the knots cool down completely before unraveling.

    Looks like you had a blast!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey KLP,
      Thank you, thank you for the tips! I was surprised to see I don't own a holding product. It seems as if Twist-outs and braid-outs don't require one for me. Bantu knots are def new to me.

      Delete