I am currently enrolled in a Master's program and I take my classes online. The winter session has begun and I am two weeks in. The professor (Professor Artz) for one of my courses requires a blog and some entries, so I will use my blog to do a few assignments. I actually started this blog after taking a previous class with Prof. Artz. I will still update you all on my hair journey and life. School is a part of my life so here it goes.
I am always up for learning new things. The course investigates the relationship between ethics and decision-making and then “examines optimal ways to communicate both processes and results to various stakeholders.” As a person who would like to manage others, this class purpose is important. In business, decisions you make can affect a lot of people. During this course I will also learn ways to respond to ethical dilemmas and effective ways to communicate my response. People view ethical behavior different, so approaching others about their behavior may be awkward and challenging. So I look forward to learning effective responses.
- Describe major ethical issues in business and approaches to understanding business ethics.
- Compare different levels of analysis in ethical conduct and obligations.
- Explain common problems in ethical decision-making processes.
- Investigate methods to integrate ethics with optimal decision-making processes.
- Recommend communication strategies for ethical aspects of decision-making processes.
I have taken an ethics class in my undergrad years, I didn't expect to really examine the dilemma. I thought this course would be “don't do this” “do this” type of course. But according to the objectives and purpose, it will be much more than that. The course seems far from dull to me. I started watching the Enron movie, and I find myself smirking and shaking my head.