Wednesday, December 25, 2013

New York Wash Day

        My trip to New York is nearly concluded. It has been a roller coaster with more ups than downs. My best friend completed  the TACP indoctrination course (so proud!), I partied with Beyonce at Dave & Busters (thanks to my talented cousins), reconnected with family members and a friend. Got more familiar with an "adopted" family. I nearly drove myself crazy driving to different New York City boroughs but I spent time with loved ones.

        This trip really motivated me to become a better me. "Be the change that you wish to see in the world" I believe this starts at home. I want 2014 to be different and better than 2013 (obviously).

         Remember how eager I was to wash in soft water!? Well I've been loving it. I took an opportunity to give my hair a chance to feel the soft water. I didn't bring many hair products, (the ones I brought, I didn't want to use) so I borrowed a lot of the items listed below:

       My hair felt excellent. I need to continue using Beautiful Texture. Two days later, I don't know what to put in my hair to moisturize it. I originally picked up Beautiful Texture moisturizer for myself, but I decided to add it to one of my sisters gifts. I had a ball buying her a good handful of hair products. I actually can't wait for her to tell me what is hit or miss.

Happy Holiday's Everyone!
Aku

12 comments:

  1. great post.
    merry Christmas.

    ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time in NY and an awesome wash day! :)
    Merry Christmas, Aku, and wishing you all the best in 2014!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea,
      Here's to great year for you as well!

      Delete
  3. I've never tried doing a twist out that way. It turned out nice!

    Also I nominated you for the Liebster Blogger Award. Hope you accept :)

    Merry Christmas, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Melanie,
      Thank you so much, check out my Liebster post here http://notjustmyhair.blogspot.com/2013/11/2013-liebster-blog-award.html

      I always do my twist outs like that, I'm really bad at flat twisting lol.
      Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you!

      Delete
  4. Great post - I bet it was cool partying with Bey. Your hair looks awesome. Thick & healthy.
    Divachyk @Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Divachyk,
      Thank you! I was so pleased with that twist out. I may do it for New Years, not sure yet.

      Delete
  5. Idk how many times I can say this: I LOVE YOUR BIG HAIR!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your twist out is amazing! I tried it the other day and it was a massive failure! Amazing results, great wash day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne,
      Thank you! I believe the beautiful texture really helped out my twist out this time around. Idk my secret lol I just add my leave in, seal and twist. I did leave the twists in for over a day.

      Delete