Monday, March 31, 2014

Blog Take-Over

       Seriously readers, I still don't want to bore you with my hair atrocity (so dramatic). I really loved my Senegalese twists, they came and went after just two weeks. O_o I was DYINNG. I had to give my scalp the cleansing I've been accustomed to. I Bantu'd the first week without twists and this week I'm bunning. Hopefully I will self install twists in the near near future. I'm 9 weeks post. I plan to be 12 weeks post, then 16, then I don't know. However, relaxers and I are no longer friends.

        The blog take-over, my sister girl Miriam will be taking over for the month of April. She is stylish, cute and smart. Her workout schedule is crazy and her hair is LAID! I asked her a few questions so you all can get to know her a little.

When and why did you start your hair journey?
       "I started my journey at the end of middle school. My hair was a little above my shoulders, and i finally accepted the fact that it was breaking off really easily. My hair was worse before that, but it was beginning to revert back to the way it was, damaged! I wanted fuller, healthier hair, that not only was long but healthy!"

What does your regimen look like?
          "My regimen consists of washing my hair every Friday or Sunday. Usually exactly a week after I washed it. I am a fan of Giovanni, their ingredients are great and don't contain sulfate which seriously drys my hair. After I shampooing and conditioning my hair with Giovanni, I use ORS deep conditioning which makes gives my hair a lot of moisture. I apply it and sit under my heater for 30 minutes. When I rinse it out I then t-shirt dry my hair. (Thanks to my sister Aku!) and wait about an hour to apply leave in. I use the As I Am leave In Conditioner and use the Wild Growth light oily moisturizer for my ends, or sometimes olive oil, or coconut oil. After I let it air dry and simply put a scarf on and wrap my hair regularly the next day. Every night I make sure to moisturize my hair, especially my ends!"

What or who has helped the most during your hair journey? (Blogs, friends, forums)
        "My two sisters taught me the basics of what I really need to do in order to obtain healthy hair. They have helped me a ton! I don't know where I would be without them. Reading information about how to really take proper care of my hair has really helped. And also looking at what other hair bloggers regimens are and trying it out. But really it all has to help for your hair, they just give me a general idea and I continue on from there."



Fresh touch-up. Before the trim


"I am not my hair" what do you do in your free time?
        
After trim
"I most definitely am not my hair! Ahah I like to go to the movies actually, I enjoy watching it with usually one other person. I like action/drama filled films. My favorite film is actually Mulan, even though it is not action nor drama. I also enjoy reading on my free time, which has been decreasing lately, but this summer I hope to increase it again. I'm a fitness junkie, I enjoy working out and eating right. It helped me know that I can really do anything if I out my mind to it. I also love making smoothies! Playing around with what fruits to use are fun and awesome!"
Last relaxer: March 26 
Longest stretch: 16 and 1/2 weeks

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment