Friday, January 2, 2015

Curlformer Dupe Success!

     AHA I did it! Check out my pictures. Happy New Year Everyone! I hope you all create fond memories during the up-coming months. 

     I thought perhaps Curlformers were not for me. But I gave them another chance and I am glad I did. I want to have another successful Curlformer run, but I have been doing a poor job keeping or remembering a regimen. I believe 
  • I clarified Shea Moisture Shampoo
  • Used my Biolage Conditioning Balm as a leave it
  • Sealed with raw Shea 
  • Applied a small amount of Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie
  • Did more sealing with avocado butter
           I know, I know, I need to do better with remembering. Oh! I can not forget, I have been deep conditioning with mayo for 30 minutes, the past few washes My hair loves the added moisture. I have  also been loving butters too!
Please excuse my hand, I don't know what I was holding.
Took my curls to work


I actually reapplied the curlformers and enjoyed them even
more than the first day.
A day of shopping and humidity left my hair extra puffy, I actually reapplied the curlformers again, thinking they would magically look the same as the first two days. Sounds reasonable right? Not to my hair. So I quickly split my hair into a top and bottom ponytail and created a makeshift bun.
 
Left: Reapplying Curlformers for the third time after being
out in the humidity all day. Left: That morning, not a curl
was found.
Peace and Love
Aku
Have you peeps used Curlformers or Dupes?

4 comments:

  1. Your curls look so pretty, Aku. You know I love me some Curlformes, but I wish I had saved some money and got the dupes instead. LOL! Oh well. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's all good as long as you are getting your money's worth. Happy New Year to You!

      Delete
  2. Your curls are so lovely. Happy New year

    ReplyDelete