Sunday, June 16, 2013

28 (or 30) Days Meditation Challenge

I personally challenge myself to meditate everyday for the next 30 days.

I have tried time and time again to mediate. Today I had an epiphany and I decided to challenge myself. Challenges motivate me, so this is the best way for ME to start. 


Three months ago I bought Meditation For Dummies. Easiest way to start. At the time the book was $24.99 at Barns & Nobles (thank you gift cards!). 


The book comes with a Meditation CD for more aid. I just want to skip everything and reap the benefits of meditation ...it doesn't work like that. However anyone can go right ahead and sit and breathe for five minutes. But I will read this book.

  • Week 1- Five minute mediation when I wake up. Experiment with different techniques- candles, lying meditation, walking meditation, outdoor meditation.
  • Week 2- Five to ten minutes. Pick one technique and stick with it. 
  • Week 3- 10-15 minutes. 
  • Week 4- At this time I should be a PRO-FESS-SIONAL. Just meditating like it's second nature. 
A follow up post in 30 days so I can provide a nice conclusion. 

8 Reasons You Should Meditate  & April 2012 Experiment: 30 days of Meditation both helped with my epiphany! 

Challenge yourself today with something you always wanted to do. What will your challenge be?




No comments:

Post a Comment