- Garnier Fructis Fight-the-Fall to pre-poo. I also took this time to section my hair as if I was giving myself a touch-up. I did pretty well, so I am less nervous about self texlaxing soon.
- Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo (religiously, I'm actually running out)
- Coffee rinse
- Deep Conditioner with KeraPro Restorative Treatment, ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner and Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner (a mix I made up on the spot)
- Towel dry a little and sprayed Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Reconstructor
- T-shirt dried my hair for not long enough.
- Since I planned on a twist-out, I moisturized with my African Shea Butter mix and sealed with grape seed oil. During the twisting, I added some Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum.
|At first it was great|
|3 and 1/2 hours later...|
I detangled and twisted my hair at the same time, piece by piece. I have no particular reason for doing it this way.
Detangling always takes a while so when I added twists, it took me 3 and 1/2 hours to finish. Of course I love how my hair looks but I'm beat. I don't know how long the twists will last but I'm in no rush to untwist them.
I lost a lot of hair this detangling process. Twisting isn't something I consider a manipulative hair style but I feel as if I would have lost less hair roller setting. Being 8 and half weeks post probably didn't help. Long wash day and lots of shedding was not fun!
Have you done anything new with your hair?