Friday, July 26, 2013

Too Many Smoothies

          This week, I made three different smoothies. Two were great and one was okay.  Peanut butter and banana. I've had my eye on the peanut butter in the pantry. Peanut butter flavored smoothies have a special spot in my heart. So I took the time and Googled a recipe. I didn't use ice or milk. I took a banana, frozen light vanilla yogurt, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and some honey. Blended it together...voila! ...kind of, there was too much peanut butter in it.
That smoothie was way too rich for me. The flavor
was too much. Must experiment with it more.
       The next day I went I picked up a small container of pre-cut cantaloupe. The picture on the left is cantaloupe, banana and yogurt. Blah. It was pretty boring. And the banana over powered the poor cantaloupe.                                                                                    The smoothie on the bottom left was probably my favorite. Two ingredients. Cantaloupe and light vanilla yogurt. Just a simply easy summer smoothie. If you love cantaloupe, then this smoothie may be worth a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment