Saturday, July 13, 2013

Tougher than Nigerian Hair-Relaxer Time!

Overall, this was a nice long session. I did experience tangles when I neutralized my hair, I have no idea why. 
I believe I used all these items for my touch-up, too many products for one session. ORS no-lye relaxer. I had my smoothie on deck!





Detangled. Didn't take too long. But the relaxer didn't process my whole head, so some parts were harder than others.
Top: This is pretty much the pattern on my whole head.
Done air drying after my touch-up

The next day I flat ironed on a low setting. I used my Stylehouse Professional Styling
 Tool.  I regret this trim...a lot. I actually don't think I needed a trim. I was just so happy
 at the fact I texlaxed my hair. I had help trimming for the first time in seven months.
After that my scissor was taken from me, literally snatched from my hand as I tried to
 correct the trim. I can not find them :( 


Pic at the left: Problem area, is it the buns ruining my ends?
Top right: Nape from the front after trim.
Bottom right: New way to set my hair for bed, I got this idea from Freshlenghts hair blog.
I really enjoy this blog.
 
Side Note: I feel like I have been stretching for
almost a year. My texlaxed hair is very similar 
to my new growth. Even when I would get my 
texlax done at the salon, just a bunch of confused 
areas on my head that won't take to the relaxer. 
My hair does feel flatter, so I must have done
something right. 

This session I learned a lot about texlaxing 
my hair. I actually look forward to the next 
session



Yes I am Nigerian (Well my family is)

Andrea, Jeni, KPL and Age in ATL all helped me gain the courage to self-lax. And of course a whole bunch of other hair blogs helped too. The hair community as a whole is pretty excellent. 
Peace&love

10 comments:

  1. Looks like your texlax session went pretty well! Kudos! I must say when I scrolled down and saw the length pic and the scissors my mouth dropped! :O I was like Nooooo why did you cut it?!? LOL!!! You definitely didn't need to trim in my opinion. Your hair looks amazing though! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Andrea I'm trying to forgive myself for that trim but I keep telling myself I haven't trimmed in 11 weeks. It'll grow back

      Delete
  2. Amazing results! Same here don't think you needed the trim one bit. Loving your full thick hair!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! Lol I'm trying to come to terms with the trim, it hasn't been working.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful results Aku! And thanks for the shout-out! Cutter's remorse sucks but I think that you'll come to appreciate that your ends look even healthier!

    www.savingourstrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KPL! Cutter's remorse is the worst but you are right, my ends look great in a ponytail!

      Delete
  4. I think you did a wonderful job Aku! Well done sis and I LOVE the thickness and length of your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Thank you! I definitely hyped it up to be a nerve-wrecking thing, but I got through and I look forward to the next session.

      Delete
  5. beautifully done and well explained thanks

    texturedbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete