Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Past 7 Days

      The past 7 days I co-washed, drank water, barely meditated, got a mani/pedi and I went swimming (HAHA). 
Yea, it's cool to look at

   A hot topic that is prevalent in many hair/health blogs is water. Over the weekend, I found myself reading http://relaxedhairhealth.blogspot.com/. The blogger, Nadege has so many informational posts on hair, skin and body. She pointed out water apps and I quickly downloaded one.

   I am not a water drinker, and it's pretty much the only beverage in the house. No juice or soda. Which I find great but there are days where I won't drink anything. I just HATE water. 

   For years, doctors, friends and family have insisted I start drinking more water. I do try, sometimes I get inspired and I go days drinking glasses and glasses of water. 

   So I got inspired and picked up a 1 liter water bottle (it's a start). I try and drink a liter a day.


I haven't co-washed since May 18th (says my hair diary), but it was much needed this past week. I co-washed with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration  did a tea rinse and apple cider vinegar rinse. I don't know why I did the ACV rinse, perhaps I wanted more shine. I detangled with the help of my fingers, Giovanni Direct Leave-in and grape seed oil. Just an easy peasy session. 




Today I went swimming! Laugh Out Loud, I can't swim! My swimming cap ripped when I tried to cover my big head and hair :( No biggie, it didn't stop me. My hair was wet and conditioned from my pre-poo early. I gathered it up in a bun with a bobby pin and an Ouchless scrunchie.

   Back in the day I never did anything special to my hair when it came to sea water or pool water. I can't remember if I ever had a problem. This time around I figured it wouldn't hurt to take precautions. Plus I heard some horror stories about chlorine on the hair.

    My mani/pedi was a gift. I guess for being awesome. I am in love with my Gel French. Last year I sworn off Gel, when my ex-manicurist removed the gel with a drill used for acrylic nails. 

     I actually sworn off getting my nails done because I'm on that budget and it's crazy expensive in the Midwest. I used to get it done for 20 bucks on Long Island. Here, it's $35. SMH.

Happy 4th of July
Peace&love

2 comments:

  1. I love layering coconut oil over Herbal Essence Hello Hydration to protect my hair when I'm kickin it by the pool. Its perfect for keeping tangles at bay.

    www.savingourstrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooooooo I will keep that in mind KLP!

      Delete